REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- State of Indiana or PTCB Pharmacy Technician license is required.
- Experience with drug reimbursement issues and claim adjudication process is preferred.
- Experience with insurance benefits investigations; knowledge of U.S. Private and Government payers
- Experience with HIPAA, cGMP and product quality complaints / adverse event reporting preferred
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Associates Degree or higher
- Two years QA or equivalent experience in regulated industry AA
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to accept changing workflows and unexpected demands requiring flexibility.
- Ability to work under pressure and appropriately prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to develop collaborative working relationships.
- Working knowledge of Corrective Action Preventative Action processes
- Ability to prepare and write investigational reports for management review.
- Working knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices including Good Documentation Practices, and Good Distribution Practices.
- Thorough understanding of the State of Indiana Board of Pharmacy Regulations
- Working knowledge of FDA’s Quality Management System or equivalent.
- Able to use Microsoft Excel and Word at the following levels:
- Word – Basic Level: This level of skills is sufficient to perform daily word processing tasks, such as, producing routine letters, memorandums, and informal reports. A person with this level of skills is able to use basic formatting, editing, printing functions, and understands the document page setup.
- Excel – Intermediate Level: This level of skills is required to work with multiple worksheets, filter data, use integrate functions, and manipulate databases. With this level of skills, a person understands the concepts of databases and is able to work with charts and to use the list management capabilities of Excel.
- Visio – Intermediate Level: ability to confidently create and edit hierarchical diagrams, brainstorming grids, organizational charts, timelines.
- Proficient in use of computers and ability to learn internal software programs.
- Ability to use a calculator to perform basic math functions and understands the concept of same including: add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; compute ratio, rate and percent.
- Able to control one's own time; seeks agreement on resource allocation taking into account all stake holders; demonstrates frugality by properly preparing and adhering to budgets; seeks ways to decrease cost and spend only on things that improve customer satisfaction; makes sure availability of resources necessary to safely and effectively conduct their job function.
- Location of job activities 100% inside
- Occasional travel
- Noise and/or vibrations exposure
- Stand and sit for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to lift and move up to 35 pounds
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.