Join a growing company!!!
At KnippeRx, our most valuable resource is our people. Our employees are what differentiate us most from our competition.
We want every Knipper employee to be successful in their career, to learn and grow, and to be well compensated for their efforts.
Great pay! NO weekends! Family-culture!
SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE for Pharmacy Technicians!
Must be licensed in the State of Indiana or Kentucky or Nationally Certified.
Typical schedule will be within 8am to 8pm (Monday though Friday)
The Pharmacy Fulfillment Technician is responsible for preparing, filling and distributing prescriptions according to client orders/specifications, maintaining equipment and inventory in the pharmacy and record keeping related to patient and drug information.
• Assist the Pharmacist in reviewing, processing, preparing, filling, labeling and dispensing of medications, supplies, and the provision of pharmaceutical care.
• Verify information on prescriptions received prior to processing (correct prescriber, name of patient, patient information, medication, dose, quantity, number of refills, lot and expiration date).
• Communicate with Patient Service Center (PSC) representatives as necessary to ensure medication compliance, medication and supply inventory, and overall coordination of care and as applicable.
• Account for delivery receipts for all delivered prescriptions.
• Follow HIPAA and privacy law guidelines, and any other local or federal laws.
• Maintain all records including prescription logs and related files.
• Receives, stores and logs inventory and returns, verifies quantities against invoices, and informs supervisors of stock needs or shortages
• Assist Inventory Specialist with expiration date review of all medications on a scheduled basis and prepare outdated medication for destruction according to procedure.
• Post payments and shipments to ensure accurate payment status and accurate account activity.
• Evaluate all completed prescriptions/authorizations to ensure that the appropriate information has been obtained to allow for compliance with applicable standards and regulations.
• Perform follow up on all outstanding prescriptions/authorizations and communicate discrepancies to pharmacist or PSC technicians.
• Perform problem solving on order delays.
• Perform Quality Assurance checks on automated technology specific to pharmacy equipment and shipping requirements
• Maintain a clean and orderly work site.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Indiana requires a licensed pharmacy technician to be over the age of 18
• One (1) year of pharmacy operations or logistics experience
• Indiana Pharmacy Technician License, or commitment to complete the ‘technician in training’ requirements approved by the Indiana Board of Pharmacy, within one year of hire date
• Knowledge of medical terminology (including sig codes and Roman numerals), brand and generic names of medications, and general pharmacy terminology
• Computer literacy to include operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite, presentation software, communication and collaboration tools, and Adobe PDF or comparable
• Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• One (1) year of previous specialty pharmacy technician experience with exposure to fulfillment of prescription orders
• Nationally certified through the PTCB or another approved certifying agency
• Inventory or logistics control experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent problem-solving and organization skills
• Ability to learn from a variety of techniques
• Ability to follow established process flows
• Basic math skills
• Ability to recognize subtle differences in names and numbers
• Ability to work effectively in highly stressful situations, exhibiting flexibility in changing situations
• Location of job activities 100% inside
• Noise and / or vibrations exposure
• Reaching (overhead), handling, and feeling
• Stand, bend, stoop and sit for prolonged periods of time
• Lift, carry, and move up to 50 pounds
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.