The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for providing technical assistance and support to end users related to computer systems, hardware, and software. The Technical Support Specialist also runs diagnostic programs, isolates problems, and determines and implements solutions.
• Responsible for converting and installing new hardware and software.
• Make recommendations for improvements in computer systems.
• Install and configure, individually or in combination, each component of computer system such as central processing unit, memory, motherboard and other peripherals.
• Troubleshoot all hardware (computers, printers, etc.) and software for anomalies.
• Assist users to resolve computer related problems such as inoperative hardware or software.
• Train workers in use of new software and hardware.
• Keep current thorough technical journals or manuals, attends vendor seminars on new computer hardware and software.
• Maintain computer hardware and software inventories and coordinates asset management tracking with finance.
• Coordinate cable installations, new hubs/switches and new computers for additional workstations.
• Manage assigned Help Desk tickets to meet service levels.
• Assist with phone system support.
• Assist with support of VPN users in company wide network. Setup and configuration of VPN on laptops and user accounts.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of four (4) years of work experience in an IT-related position
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Associate Degree or equivalent technical degree/certification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent organization skills and detail oriented
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Ability to balance multiple priorities to meet expected response deadlines
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
• Ability to follow established process flows
• Demonstrated experience and strong knowledge of computer systems (desktops/laptops), printers, mobile devices and other technical products
• Demonstrated experience and strong knowledge of Anti-Virus solutions, Exchange, Lan Environment, and Active Directory
• Demonstrated experience and strong knowledge of Windows 8, and Windows 10. Microsoft Office 2013 and 2016
• Location of job activities 100% inside
• Noise and/or vibrations exposure
• Frequently reach (overhead), handle, and feel with hands and arms
• Stand and sit for prolonged periods of time
• Occasionally stoop, kneel, and crouch
• Occasionally lift, carry, and move up to 35 pounds
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.