The Patient Care Representative supports patients and healthcare providers through inbound and outbound telephone support, as well as administrative functions.
• Support inbound and outbound phone lines for the pharmacy
• Answer calls, emails and/or other requests from patients and/or healthcare providers while meeting or exceeding service level goals
• Able to balance priorities, working with team members, between inbound calls, responding to inbound email requests and making outbound calls to messages left on voicemail
• Accurately and completely capture information and update systems appropriately
• Be flexible, organized and able to comply with constantly changing program business rules
• Investigate issues that cannot be resolved at the time of the initial call and follow through until issue resolution
• Understand when an issue must be escalated and to whom it should be escalated
• Provide availability, tracking and shipping information for patient’s medication as needed
• Assist department with additional duties as directed by Pharmacy Leadership and provide timely completion of special tasks when requested.
• Provides enrollment status updates to patients or healthcare providers, as requested
• Schedule treatments to be sent to the patient or patient’s healthcare provider
• Respond to program inquiries from patients, authorized representatives, healthcare providers, patient advocates and caregivers.
• Report adverse events/product complaint inquires received in accordance with standard operating procedures and current good manufacturer practices.
• Execute day-to-day operations specific to the assigned program(s).
• Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Two (2) years of work experience in a customer service or customer focused role
• One (1) year of work experience in a pharmacy or call center environment.
• Must have proven ability to provide consistently high-quality of service
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Associate Degree or technical school training in a related field
• Two (2) years of work experience in pharmacy, managed care, Medicaid and/or Medicare organizations, pharmaceutical and/or biotech manufacturer, insurance, medical office, or related field
• Experience with HIPAA and patient services
• Bi-lingual, English and Spanish
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Demonstrated empathy and compassion
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organization skills and detail oriented
• Balance multiple priorities to meet expected response deadlines
• Adaptable, flexible and readily adjust to changing situations
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
• Ability to comprehend and apply basic math principles
• Ability to apply logical thinking when evaluating practical problems
• Ability to present information and respond to questions from stakeholders
• Ability to interact with a diverse group
• Ability to listen and demonstrate a high degree of empathy
• Demonstrated computer skills includes Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Display tact and diplomacy in response to unfavorable or negative situations
• Demonstrated sensitivity and understanding when speaking with patients
• Demonstrated passion for speaking with people in an outgoing way
• Location of job activities 100% inside
• Extensive manual dexterity (keyboarding, mouse, phone)
• Constant use of phone for communication
• Noise and/or vibrations exposure
• Frequently reach (overhead), handle, and feel with hands and arms
• Sit for prolonged periods of time
• Occasionally stoop, kneel, and crouch
• Occasionally lift, carry, and move up to 25 pounds
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.