Under the direction of the Pharmacy Supervisor (FL), the Pharmacy Technician ensures patients prescriptions are entered precisely and in a timely manner.
HOURS: Monday-Friday. 10:30am-7pm. (Some Saturdays)
• Perform routine, professional pharmacy functions.
• Respect and maintain confidentiality guidelines of HIPAA.
• Accountable for making sure that patient name and date of birth match up on prescriptions.
• Ensure all prescription information is entered accurately and in a timely manner.
• Accountable for checking patient history for any duplicate orders and follow the proper procedures.
• Follow and aid in enforcement of all company policies and procedures.
• Responsible for doing a “PD3Q” check before finishing and sending the order on.
• Clear the Item Entry voice mail box everyday.
• Responsible for other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
• Registered with the State of Florida
• Certified Pharmacy Technician, in good standing (or must obtain within 6 months)
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• One year minimum of pharmacy experience
• Ability to type 25 words per minute.
• Ability to enter 30 prescriptions per hour.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to handle multiple activities or interruptions at once.
• Ability to communicate effectively, patiently and courteously.
• Focused team player, who can work in conjunction with pharmacists, other departments, customers, and management.
• Work independently with little supervision and meet daily deadlines.
• Ability to perform repetitious work accurately.
This position is in a typical office environment, mail order pharmacy environment, which requires prolonged sitting and standing in front of a computer. In addition, this position requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment, including the operation of standard computer and phone equipment. May have occasional high stress when dealing with customers/clients and employees.
J. Knipper and Company, KnippeRx and Eagle Pharmacy are Equal Opportunity Employers.